Super Cedar Free Samples

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll give 'em a try- how "new" of a member does one need to be?

Anyone else try these? Waddya think?

brooktrout said:
Anyone else try these? Waddya think?

I tried them and liked it. I tried to get the store to sell them but the sales people are too stubborn to try something new.

One thing I can tell you, don't leave the extra pieces by the fire, mine nearly melted into a pile of goo.

They work great, but I think they should make them about 1/2 the size that they offer. They are messy to break and you don't need a puck that big to get the fire going.

Thanks for the free samples you sent in the fall.

So how do these work when frozen?

I tried some of those duraflame firestarting logs (the same ones in the test on the supercedar site), and when they are frozen I could hardly light them with a torch, no way with a match like they claim. I've never tried them when it was warm.

I'll email my address, maybe I'll get to try some out! But for now I'll stick with newspaper and kindling, that always works.

Thanks Thomas!

We appreciate the opportunity to try your product. Unfortunately, I still have the sample you sent me last year. I'm saving it as a back-up (although, if you sent me another sample this year, I swear that I'd use them)! Heard some pretty good reviews when you did this in the past.

I PMed you my shipping info and look forward to trying your product.

NW Fuels said:
We would like to offer the new members on this forum free samples of the Super Cedar firestarters. These are approved for use in wood stoves with or without combusters.
Email us your physical ship to address and they on are the way!.

[email protected]
www.supercedar.com

Thomas

Address email sent ..

Thanx,
Ray

After receiving samples from Thomas last fall we have used
them in our outdoor firepit and my neighbor used them in his
fireplace. They work well and we plan to order more soon.

thanks Thomas!

I tried them last year and they are a good product and priced right. I found the same problem when splitting them. Can you make them half size?

Matt

cool. Thanks!

I tried the free sample that Thomas sent me last fall, liked them so much went and bought a case of 100 from him, I live real close to his facility.

I unwrap them, put them into a zip lock bag and simply break them in half or quarters, they have a groove in the center and break real easy and the mess stays in the bag

We are updating our machine as I speak. We will offer the Super Cedar with the scoring to break into 1/4 pieces instead of the 1/2 that we offer now. Thanks for all your suggestions and support.
Thomas

My assessment is that super cedars are the best firestarter on the market. Those things really burn great and do their job well. But for a couple of dollars you can buy a wax firelog from any hardware store, grocery store, walmart, etc. Cut it into a hundred pieces with a circular saw, and have all the firestarters you need for a long long time that also get the job done.

I bought them and love them; with or without samples.
I'm a believer.
I used to cut a bunch of kindling every year, that alone took me a day or so. Now I just break one Super in half, break that into three or four small pieces placed on top of a couple of sheets of newspaper. On top of that a few medium splits and there it is, a great fire.
I love them…...

NW Fuels said:
We would like to offer the new members on this forum free samples of the Super Cedar firestarters. These are approved for use in wood stoves with or without combusters.
Email us your physical ship to address and they on are the way!.

[email protected]
www.supercedar.com

Thomas

I would like to try the sample.
I will PM you my shipping info and look forward to trying your product.

Thanks for the offer Thomas.

I PM'd my shipping info and look foward to trying them out.

Thanks Much
Wolves.

Status
Not open for further replies.