Super Cedar

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

crater22

Burning Hunk
Nov 23, 2014
brookville, indiana
Hi, have not been on for a while, and was wondering if Super Cedars was giving a discount again to members of this forum. Appreciate any info in advance.

Thanks

Reactions: Sailrmike
As mentioned . . . hearth17 . . . I think it was a 40% discount.

I need to buy another case. Last one lasted me three seasons, I think. Glad to hear they are still offering a deal for the folks here on the forum!
-SF

cool, I did not know this. All the hype I've been hearing on here about them is pretty convincing.

Im thinking I might have to buy these. I never used them before but I am getting tired of the top down paper method. I think the super cedar would be a better idea.

Just got my resupply! Can't beat them.

cool, I did not know this. All the hype I've been hearing on here about them is pretty convincing.

No hype . . . they really are this good.

I've always been a paper and cardboard type of person, but these things are practically magical . . . I don't have proof, but I'm pretty sure they're made out of unicorn poop since you can break one puck into 8 pieces and just one-eighth will burn for a long enough time to easily get some kindling going. I can't even imagine how long an entire puck or even half a puck would burn for . . . I do know BrotherBart says he doesn't even bother with using kindling since SuperCedars can easily ignite his splits.

Last year I didn't place my usual order since my wife was out of work and I was watching the money so I used a lot of newspaper . . . which is fine . . . but the SuperCedars just make lighting a fire from scratch so much easier. There were a few times when I would try two or three times using the conventional method of using newspaper with no success . . . and then I would break out one of my "in case of emergency" Super Cedar chunks and voila -- fire every time.

I know it sounds stupid since every guy worth his salt should be able to start a fire with just a match, newspaper and kindling . . . but SuperCedars just make starting a fire stupidly easy . . .

I'm not sure Thomas is still doing 2 densities, but my last order (just received, thanks!) I made sure to ask for the higher density - easier to break and not end up with a handful of tiny chunks.

Hello all.....I am newbie here however ihave been lurking in the backgroung for sometime! I must say I have been getting a lot of great info and would like to say ...thanks!
With that being said...how do you go about ordering super cedar from Hearth 17....THANKS AGAIN

Do you guys recommend them unwrapped or wrapped?

My only complaint about these things is that the cellophane is so strong, its a real pain in the neck to open. I'd get them unwrapped, but they are very crumbly and I'd be afraid the unwrapped puck would leave saw dust everywhere. As it is, I open the cellophane, and break it apart inside the stove, then I stick the other four chunks into a ziplock bag.

Hello all.....I am newbie here however ihave been lurking in the backgroung for sometime! I must say I have been getting a lot of great info and would like to say ...thanks!
With that being said...how do you go about ordering super cedar from Hearth 17....THANKS AGAIN
You order directly from SuperCedar.com and enter Hearth17 in the promotional code area at check out.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

And the best thing about being a newbie here is SuperCedars try-it-before-you-buy it offer to new folks here at hearth.com. Last I knew they were sending out two free samples to new folks here at hearth.com.

It sounds like a really nice gesture . . . but it's like an ice cream shoppe giving out a free sample . . . once you have a small taste you want a lot more. ;) :)

Buy them. You won’t be mad.

I use them to start well, basically anything that requires fire.

I would be lost without

I prefer them wrapped.
Do you guys recommend them unwrapped or wrapped?
I prefer them wrapped. I keep them wrapped, break the puck into halves or quarters, then split the cellophane, and leave the rest of the pieces in a small box by the wood pile. Buying 100 at time, that's up to 400 fires, so it's much easier when you get multiple seasons out of one box! I use them for everything - stove, fire pit, charcoal starter, sauna.

Sweet, this thread reminded me to buy more. I gave a bunch away last year to fellow wood-burners. I get them wrapped, and I score them into quarters when I put them in the "firestarter bin". That way I can break off as much as I need.