Super Cedars - great gift and also had a little fun with it

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fishingpol

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jul 13, 2010
Merrimack Valley, MA
I recently bought a few boxes of Super Cedars for a few relatives birthday. NW Fuels was gracious enough to send out a few samples that I could put in gift bags as I didn't think of ordering them as gifts until the last minute. When I received the Super Cedars they made me think that they looked like a compressed dehydrated shredded smoked pork product. Well....I made up some labels on my computer and used the likeness from a local butcher shop and stuck them on the cedars. I gave them to my 2 brothers and dad for their birthday yesterday as we are all barbecue fans. It was hilarious to watch them hold the pucks, smell them about 10 times and pass them around the room. I let them off the hook, and had them peel the labels off. Pulled a real good one on them.

We went outside to a grill and my brother who uses fatwood, lit his sticks next to the Super Cedar. The cedar lit well and progressed nicely. His fatwood did light, but never really amounted to much. 1/2 hour later we looked out the window and the cedar was still blazing away. Fatwood was out.

Excellent product, once going, it just keeps going. I will be ordering mine next. Here's a pic of the "pork patty."

Jon

Attachments

• DSC08170_(2)_copy.jpg
    DSC08170_(2)_copy.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 425
Note to self: Never go to dinner at this guy's house.

Hopefully nobody tried to eat it. lol

We once pulled a prank like that on my sister-in-law. Substituted string for spaghetti, add sauce and cheese and then temporarily lost her glasses. The surprise was worth getting some spaghetti tossed at us.

Friend of mine does that with his brothers, they give each other gag gifts and the gag is not always immediately apparent. They had been gifting a bottle of clam juice back and fort for years. the last time one of them gave it to the other it was in a nice "baileys" christmas tin. Little brother never looked inside, but took it on his ski vacation. Car broke down, but neighborly folks drove them to the slopes each day. For their efforts, little brother gifted them, upon his departure, with that nice bottle of - you guessed it. He didn't even know what he had done for months.

tickbitty said:
Friend of mine does that with his brothers, they give each other gag gifts and the gag is not always immediately apparent. They had been gifting a bottle of clam juice back and fort for years. the last time one of them gave it to the other it was in a nice "baileys" christmas tin. Little brother never looked inside, but took it on his ski vacation. Car broke down, but neighborly folks drove them to the slopes each day. For their efforts, little brother gifted them, upon his departure, with that nice bottle of - you guessed it. He didn't even know what he had done for months.

That is hilarious!

Mmmmmm clam juice! Goes great with dehydrated pork patties and a big slice of fruit cake!

tickbitty said:

While I hate typing LOL . . . I actually did . . . thanks for sharing . . . and making me laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.