Super Split Arm Does Not Retract Right Away. The Video

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dmitry

Minister of Fire
Oct 4, 2014
CT
I have SuperSplit and am happy with it. It's a couple of years old, This year I noted that the arm retracts, bumps into to rubber bumpers, goes up, and stays this way. No big deal, but annoying and has to be pushed back sometimes. Any advice on what to clean/ adjust or else?
Video link below

Stretched return spring, or maybe the roller bearing is bad?

springs do wear out , stretch, lose elasticity. I have had garage door springs get weak and have had them break very exciting when one lets go at full extension( door down )about = to a 10 gauge blank fired into a steel drum KA-BOOM!!! the coiled ones where the shaft passes through are not near as noisy when they break. About like a big Grouse flushing right at your feet. Give SS a call. They will get you squared away right quick.

Reactions: brenndatomu
With the one finger ease of you pushing it back I would guess that the roller bearings are in fine condition. Probably just weak return Springs

Reactions: Dmitry