Supercedar firestarter test

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NW Fuels said:
Jags,Craig

I am listening to you guys. I will be in my new facility soon. I will have room to pursue your ideas. I am also building a new machine which will do more.
Thomas

Great to hear that the ol' R&D wheels keep turning. Craig is the first person that I have heard of that uses them for starting corn or pellets. This could be a whole new market. Super Cedar starters (shooter marble size) just for this purpose.

Craig, how many pellet stoves are still made that need to be manually lit? I thought most were going towards automatic ignition, but may be wrong.

After having a self-ignitor, I can't think of why one would want anything else.

BeGreen said:
After having a self-ignitor, I can't think of why one would want anything else.

You guys are probably right (I'm not a corn or pellet guy), I just had the ol brain in the "cool product" mode never giving a thought if it was marketable or not.

How about creating different size disks? Full size, half size or quarter (1/4) size. Then you could get "Craig the Master tin bender" on his metal break to create a dispenser like a pez dispenser or possibly like the foam coffee cup dispensers. OHHHH the possibilities. I'm just going nuts now, don't pay any attention to me. :lol:

i'm on my second shipment of super cedars. i, like others, gave some of the gift boxes away. i received positive feedback from all of them.
also, i love the convenience of the gift boxes as they seem to be the perfect size and amount to keep inside the house.
bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.