Supervent Chimney - What Else Should I Get While I'm At Lowes?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leeave96

Minister of Fire
Apr 22, 2010
Western VA
Heading out later today to pick-up a 6" Supervent chimney kit for a through the roof - flat ceiling install, some chimney pipe and stove pipe.

Anything else I ought to get?

Any recommendations or tips when installing the Supervent stuff?

Thanks!
Bill

Ceiling support box kit- $190 or so, Locking bands for each class A-class A junction - ~$5 each, 2x's to frame box for CSB, deck screws, hi temp silicone for roof flashing.

Fatwood, .........an EcoFan, ..............Kindling,.................An ABC Fire Extinquisher,...........a General Tool Moisture Meter, .........
a Flue Pipe Thermometer,................a fire retardant rug for the front of the stove,............a kids gate (if there are any little ones running around that you don't want to get burned), ........a GOOD pair of fire-proof gloves.......a Firewood Ring (about 24" in diameter) for a day's worth of wood, ...........some sort of cast Iron pot to put on TOP of the stove for filling with water (helps moisturize the air).

-Soupy1957

Status
Not open for further replies.