Supervent chimney work with a kozy heat.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bucktim

Dec 8, 2006
I have made a mistake and bought a insert fireplace when I needed a zero clearance one. I have done a lot of learning this last few days(thanks hearth.com). I also have all the 6" chimeny parts. I think I am going to go with the kozy heat Z42 and the manual lists a bunch of chimney pipe makers and selkirk metalbestos SSII is one of them. From my reading it seems like supervent (what I now have) is the same stuff, but packaged for the big stores....Is this supervent pipe going to work? I just don't want to return it all to the store and end up going back to buy it again.

Thanks
Tim

you have to follow what the tag says and the manual. Otherwise be prepared to convince the inspector that SS2 is the same as supervent.

SuperVent (Model JSC) is designed for Oil-fired or Gas appliances and specifically LISTED Built-In Wood Fireplaces, Fuel, Oil, or Gas installations.
Sounds like a no go, your fireplace is not specificly listed for supervent.

Thanks for the info, I am looking at supervent website now. What is the avg cost of chimeny for a 6" system, ie the kozy heat z42. I have about a 15' run up.

Status
Not open for further replies.