ALLFuel HST class A?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Enplater

Burning Hunk
Jun 6, 2017
NH
I’ve seen some stores selling the ALLFuel HST brand of chimney pipe, the price isn’t too bad and it’s supposed to be 304 stainless. I plan on moving my stove to the main floor of my colonial house from the basement, which means I’ll have to move the chimney.
My plan was to buy the parts I need for my existing Selkirk Supervent Class A which is under $400 for the parts. Supervent is 430 stainless and has worked fine for me so far, no rust or anything. But 304 should be better stainless long term.
If I replaced all the class A pipe, T, cap etc. it would cost at least $1500, probably more but I would consider it if the ALLFuel is known to be better than the supervent.
So that is my question, is the ALLFuel HST good pipe? It is way better than Supervent? Is it worse quality than Supervent? Should I spend the money? I’m not rich btw, limited budget, I can’t afford the $450 per 4’ stuff.
Thanks in advance for your reply.

Note that it must be installed by a certified professional or the warranty is void. Will parts for this system be available 10 or 20 yrs from now?

I’m planning on having a pro install it so it’s legit for the warranty/insurance…
I don’t know what will be around in 10 or 20 years, probably Supervent though, they’ve been around for a while already.

Agreed. There has been a lot of consolidation in the chimney market in the past few years. Who knows what will remain by then?

I think I’m staying with the Supervent, it seems like decent stuff.
I’ve been trying to figure out how long of pipe I need for the thimble wall pass through. Is it standard to be 12” or 18” or does it depend on the wall thickness?

I think I’m staying with the Supervent, it seems like decent stuff.
I’ve been trying to figure out how long of pipe I need for the thimble wall pass through. Is it standard to be 12” or 18” or does it depend on the wall thickness?
Supervent is 304 stainless inside and 430 outside. That will last a long time.
The pipe length depends on the wall thickness and how far the vertical chimney pipe is from the house. As a general rule, the shorter the better.

Reactions: Enplater
Just for the record 304 is absolutely not all fuel. It would have to be 316 for that. But in this case for wood 304 is the right alloy regardless

Reactions: kcmclellan
Just for the record 304 is absolutely not all fuel. It would have to be 316 for that. But in this case for wood 304 is the right alloy regardless
I’ve seen some stores selling the ALLFuel HST brand of chimney pipe, the price isn’t too bad and it’s supposed to be 304 stainless. I plan on moving my stove to the main floor of my colonial house from the basement, which means I’ll have to move the chimney.
My plan was to buy the parts I need for my existing Selkirk Supervent Class A which is under $400 for the parts. Supervent is 430 stainless and has worked fine for me so far, no rust or anything. But 304 should be better stainless long term.
If I replaced all the class A pipe, T, cap etc. it would cost at least $1500, probably more but I would consider it if the ALLFuel is known to be better than the supervent.
So that is my question, is the ALLFuel HST good pipe? It is way better than Supervent? Is it worse quality than Supervent? Should I spend the money? I’m not rich btw, limited budget, I can’t afford the $450 per 4’ stuff.
Thanks in advance for your reply.
I recently purchased an AllFuel HST Chimney pipe system. I actually like it. The class A piping came in a secured heavy duty cardboard tube. The pieces link up nicely and they even send the clamp ring. The ceiling box is a little different looking as it requires an adapter that is also clamped in. I just turned snap clamp to the back side so that we couldn't see it. We paired it up with a DVL piping to the stove and it looks good. Not much different than DuraVent aside from the stainless steel doesn't look as shiny. I did put a magnet to it. It didn't stick. Freestanding stoves typically last 20-25 years. That doesn't mean you can't torch the piping by overheating it. I don't think the brand matters at that point, more so the UL Tested Listing it qualifies under. To me, 103HT is 103 HT. Learn to build and control your fire and get at least annual service. Happy New Years!

Thanks for your reply and hopefully you can post a review after a season or 2. Do you have pictures of your install you want to post?