Supervent is Hart and Cooley is Supervent?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Badfish740

Minister of Fire
Oct 3, 2007
I was at Lowes today picking up Durock and some other stuff for doing some fire protection and I noticed that save for the actual brand name on the box, Supervent Class A pipe looks identical to Hart and Cooley Class A pipe. Are they made by the same manufacturer? If so, it would seem to follow that Supervent double wall stove pipe would fit Hart and Cooley Class A? That would help me out a lot since the folks at H&C;will only tell you over the phone that they don't make a double wall pipe and won't offer suggestions as to what will fit.

Supervent is made by Selkirk.

I've got Selkirk double wall stove pipe mated to Hart & Cooley Class A. To my knowledge the installers didn't encounter any issues, but I was at work most of that day.

Ok-now I get it. Hart and Cooley, Selkirk, Metalbest, Supervent, etc...is all the same. The thing I don't get is that Hart and Cooley seems to want to be completely separate-they're not listed on the Selkirk site as a brand nor do they advertise the connection on their own site. I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out if I could get double wall stove pipe to mate with my H&C;stuff and not even the customer service folks could give me a straight answer. Looks like I have it all figured out now though.

Badfish740 said:
Ok-now I get it. Hart and Cooley, Selkirk, Metalbest, Supervent, etc...is all the same. The thing I don't get is that Hart and Cooley seems to want to be completely separate-they're not listed on the Selkirk site as a brand nor do they advertise the connection on their own site. I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out if I could get double wall stove pipe to mate with my H&C;stuff and not even the customer service folks could give me a straight answer. Looks like I have it all figured out now though.

To be honest, I'm not sure what brand of adapter the installers used to connect my Selkirk double wall stove pipe to the H&C;Class A. It might be listed on my itemized bill, but it's at home!

Tomkins used to try to keep Selkirk-Metalbestos (Heat-Fab), Hart & Cooley, and American Metals as separate as possible, but lately they have slowly been morphing into one company by offering each others products and management. If their installation instructions say they can be mixed and matched then it is okayed, otherwise it may not have been tested that way for their UL File, in which case it is a no no.

Status
Not open for further replies.