Suppliers near Oakland,Me

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bugize

Aug 26, 2006
Skowhegan,Maine
Hiya...could i get some info on pellet suppliers near me?
I can get MWP down to Blakes but they seem weak for this colder weather.
I bought some Independence up to Aubuchon thaat seem ok.
I know i can get Cubex at Rockys in Augusta but kinda far to haul,have to make 2 trips per ton.
Would very much appreciate in-put on other pellet dealers in my area that carry hotter pellets.

Thanks

Have you tried Marden's in WTVL? I bought some Spruce Pointe there a couple of years ago, but like you and Rocky's, it's kinda far. The Augusta HD is selling Bayou Hardwood for $219. Is there one in WTVL? I'm burning them now and seem to be a pretty good pellet. I've been happily burning Grenne Team from Lowe's for the last 2 years until their price went through the roof. Buy a ton and haul in over weeks time. HD isn't as accomadating as Lowe's when it comes to buying a ton and hauling at at your leisure. They leave it outside after the sale is done.

What!?!?! You can get Cubex and you're not JUMPING on that like RIGHT NOW?!?

A few members here got laughed at when they asked their dealer when they would expect another shipment of Cubex. They're in pretty short supply apparently.

Cubex can be had at $285/ton. Okies too at 300+/ton. Too rich for my blood.

The Cubex dealer is a good half hour drive from me,maybe a tad longer...he is selling them for 280$ per ton...for me to make two trips to haul a ton would make them around 325$ per ton....kinda pricey plus with the hauling and unloading,you're talking pretty much the whole day!
I have not tried mardens...i will check HD,but last i knew they was selling Pennigtons...i havnt heard alot of good about them.
I should mention,i have thought about going to get 25 bags of Cubex just to have when temps hit single numbers...they are really good!

The HD in Augusta is selling Pennington and Nations Choice by the bag for $4.84 a bag. BUT, they are selling Bayou Hardwood Pellets (A hardwood floor manufacturer like Cubex) for $219 a ton. They might not be as good as Cubex, but I like them. If I had a bigger truck I'd by a ton. Conned them into selling me some by the bag once, haven't been able to since.

Cool,thx guys...@ 219 per ton,that would be worth driving 20 mins for if they are good....i'll give the benton place a call...

Another thought. There's a place in North Jay (here's the website - site.sibwoodpellets.com) that will deliver MWP for $219 a ton. I have a ton coming Jan 7th.

Status
Not open for further replies.