T5

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jetmech

Dec 8, 2007
Dillsburg PA
First week using the T5 and getting more comfortable with it... likes to cruise around 550-600 on 5 to 6 splits of oak and ash or cherry. flue temps hover around 380.. biggest lesson learned more wood, more heat.... i cant even imagine stuffing this thing full of dry oak, it would be shakey.... im loving the burns times with this stove, the coals stay hot for a long time. lot different than the intrepid,

Sounds like you two are settling in nicely. Do you have the blower option? When it gets below zero outside you will be stocking it up and running it full. With the blower off, stove top temps pushing 700F are not uncommon.

Did not get the blower with the stove but am looking for one now.. think it will help with heat distribution. No complaints this is a awesome heater....

For heat distribution have you tried blowing air from the colder part of the house towards the stove room? Place a regular table fan on the floor in a cooler location that has a straight shot to the stove room. Run it on low speed and I think you will notice the difference.

can't go wrong w/a PE

summit said:
can't go wrong w/a PE

Great isn't it! Definitely consider the blower as stated earlier. It will be an early christmas present to myself next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.