Tax Credit for Pellet Soves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MainePellethead

Minister of Fire
Dec 9, 2007
Southern Maine
I know this has been hashed out and posted before but I was wondering if anyone has filed for this credit with their taxes successfully and if the computer tax software picks up on this credit. Is there any special forms needed to get this credit? Any help would be helpful.

Thanks....

the tax credit does not apply until you file your 2009 taxes next year (in 2010)

yes.....thats the one I am talking about..... I had mine installed the first of Jan. 08.......there is one for 08 from what I understand.

jtakeman said:
There was a $300 tax credit for 2008 and a 30% Credit for 2009.

just fyi
jay

I just did my taxes with H&R;Block software. There is no tax credit for this tax period. It only has some solar and and a few other items, not pellet stoves. It also stated that was for next years return. Bummer. The software is very accurate with the latest tax code.

there was a tax credit at one point that never had any money behind it the 300 dollars was thew original number before it changed to 30% if the stove was bought in 08 it is no good the irs still has not made a ruleing on what will meet the 75% ratting it should be out by the end of march but till then it is all up in the air

As a FYI, the 30% credit is not finalized. It's up to the IRS to figure out the credit guidelines (oh boy)... So who knows when or if that will be finished. After talking to my dealer about this (just yesterday), it should be a no-brainer to determine for pellet and corn stoves. The issue will be around wood burning units.

30% is good up to 1500$ the testing and what stove is the only thing we are waiting on

sammypoodle said:
I just did my taxes with H&R;Block software. There is no tax credit for this tax period. It only has some solar and and a few other items, not pellet stoves. It also stated that was for next years return. Bummer. The software is very accurate with the latest tax code.

You are correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.