Tax Deduction?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBurner

Aug 4, 2008
SE CT
Can A new efficient wood stove be a tax deduction?

Don't know about the Feds's but CT has a rebate program for high efficiency oil and gas boilers. Up to $500 if they are over 84%
I'm going to see if my TARM 2000 oil/wood furnace qualifies.
House bill HB0743208629HDO
Greg H

The state of Oregon will grant a one-time tax credit in the year of installation, provided the stove's listed & approved, the installtion is professionally done and inspected, and the stove is fitted with an outside air kit (OAK). I'm not aware of anything offered by the IRS. Rick

I just reviewed form 5695 on the IRS website. This form is used for the Residential Energy Credits. In my opinion, a high efficiency wood burner does not qualify for the credit. It's a good thought, as I have just had a high efficiency fireplace installed. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to qualify.

Mr. Dude,
What did you have installed and how do you like it?
I'm trying to decide on which model to go with right now.
Thanks,.

Dont think there is! but i think there should be a tax cedit for alternative fuels.I got a nice chunk of change when i got my prius!there should be more for using less oil.Give us a break instead of the arabs.

Woods Dweller said:
Mr. Dude,
What did you have installed and how do you like it?
I'm trying to decide on which model to go with right now.
Thanks,.

I ended up with a Kozy Heat Z42CD. I researched many fireplaces, and ended up with the Kozy Heat for a couple of key reasons, but the main one being it was the only high effeciency I could find that did not require me to move my mantle. I haven't tried it yet as it is summer, but it sure looks nice!

Greg H said:
Don't know about the Feds's but CT has a rebate program for high efficiency oil and gas boilers. Up to $500 if they are over 84%
I'm going to see if my TARM 2000 oil/wood furnace qualifies.
House bill HB0743208629HDO
Greg H

Hi Greg, could you please post a link for the CT tax rebate / credit? I'm about to install two boilers and I suspect this is something I might be able to take advantage of...

Status
Not open for further replies.