1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

tfdchief injured in accident

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by tfdchief, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Danno77

Danno77 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hamilton, IL
    Sorry to hear this bad news, but relieved to hear hat you are relatively ok. I sure hope your recovery is speedy and as thorough as it can be. Keep us posted. It's tough for many of us to be so far away. The guys on this forum have a special comradery that makes us want to help each other out, but distance makes it hard! Let us know what you need, and we'll do our best. Even if it is just providing you with entertainment via the web(ie posting stupid stuff that only a wood burner would find interesting)...

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. -PB-

-PB- New Member

Loc:
    MD via Philly
    Steve,
    Don't know you, but judging by your profession I'm sure you've taken care of plenty of people throughout your career. Let them return the favor now. You deserve it.
    Good luck.
  3. cptoneleg

cptoneleg Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Virginia
    Keep your good attitude and get well soon.
  4. Capt

Capt Burning Hunk

Loc:
    Michigan
    From one fireman to another, I hope you have a speedy recovery. If I was closer, I would definitely give you a helping hand.
  5. cmonSTART

cmonSTART Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Antrim, NH
    Holy smokes man! Take care of yourself and get well soon!
  6. leeave96

leeave96 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Western VA
    Hope everything works out!

Bill
  7. heatwise

heatwise Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    ohio
    Sorry to hear of your injury ,heres wishing for you to Get well and recover quickly. I will keep you in my prayers. Sincerely pete.
  8. Jutt77

Jutt77 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Idledale, Colorado
    Dang Steve sorry to hear that man...we'll be praying for a smooth recovery !
  9. raybonz

raybonz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Carver, MA.
    Steve,
    Really sorry to read about your terrible accident! Sending prayers for a speedy and full recovery your way..

Take Care,
    Ray
  10. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Whoa! Steve, this is the first post I looked at this morning. Sort of makes me feel that I got up on the wrong side of the bed. This is terrible news and really makes me cringe. That must have been nothing short of awful. Sounds like you have a long row to hoe now but I'm sure you are up to the task. Having family close will definitely help but please do not hesitate to post here should you need some extra help. It is sad that we are so far away or I'd have been there already.

The braces are not fun for sure but hopefully will help you heal faster. The fusion does not sound like fun but it too can help should it go that far. Broken backs are not the end for sure but do take time. I recall a sister-in-law who faced somewhat the same as you are facing. It did take time but in time you would not know anything like that had happened to her. I pray you will turn out the same way.

Once again, please do not hesitate to post on this forum if you do need some help in some area. You have many friends here. God Bless.
  11. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    Sure . . . he lists everyone else, but a fellow firefighter. ;)

Steve . . . what more can I say that hasn't already been said . . . take it easy . . . allow others to help you since they want to help and it truly is not an imposition . . . heal quickly . . . and let us know if there is anything we can do for you besides keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.
  12. thewoodlands

thewoodlands Minister of Fire

Steve; you have our prayers and will light a candle at church for you.

gibir
  13. yooperdave

yooperdave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan's U.P.
    good luck with the recovery! "slow and easy wins the race"...(don't push the recovery) be patient
  14. snowleopard

snowleopard Minister of Fire

Another day, and it's time for another Stupid Joke of the Day:

Firefighter Terminology

Haligan Tool: Used for breaking headlights
    Water Hammer: Used to drive in water nails
    Drafting: Following another fire engine really closely on the way to a fire
    Backdraft: Drafting on the way back to the station
    Ladder Company: Where they make ladders
    Flashover: Too many lights on the pumper
    Rollover: What you do in the ashes to make your new turnouts look old
    Master Stream: The Mississippi River
    BLEVE: It was dry when I drove my Chevy there
    Mutual Aid: When 4 kids are hurt and there is only 3 band aids, someone is getting Mutual Aid
  15. tfdchief

tfdchief Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Tuscola, IL
    Thank you all! I go for a doctor's appointment tomorrow. Leaving tonight since it is 3 hrs away. we will stay in a motel room and the appointment then on Tuesday. I didn't think I could make the entire trip in one day. The accident happened in southern IL and I was flown to St Mary's hospital in Evansville IN....thus the reason for the long trip to see the doctor. He will X-ray and see how things are going and hopefully adjust this awful brace that hurts all the time. Pray I get good news! I would give up a lot to know I will get to burn wood this winter and maybe cut some next year. I will let you know how it went on Wed. Thanks, Steve
  16. tfdchief

Loc:
    Tuscola, IL
    SL, those are hilarious. My guys love this one......CHAOS....acronym for "Chief Has Arrived On Scene"
  17. tfdchief

Loc:
    Tuscola, IL
    Thanks Jake. I am sorry but I don't understand your first sentence. Did I forget to thank someone?
  18. firefighterjake

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    Trying to give you a hard time about not mentioning me in the list of members that you mentioned by name . . . then again you didn't mention a lot of us. ;) Just trying to be funny.
  19. snowleopard

snowleopard Minister of Fire

Steve,

Hard to heal when you're in pain, so here's hoping they can get that brace more comfortable. Wishing you good news on the x-rays! Keep us posted.

Don't mind Jake. That `Fire God' status has gone to his head. I've heard he had some t-shirts printed up . . .
  20. tfdchief

Loc:
    Tuscola, IL
    Sorry Jake, my brain has a lot to deal with right now and maybe not as sharp as I should be. I love all you guys and I am sure you know there is a very special place in my heart for firefighters. I think that is partly why I like this forum so much, because it reminds me of the brotherhood that exists among all firefighters. Thanks for the prayers and God Bless, Steve
  21. Fsappo

Fsappo Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central NY
    Hey Chief, get well soon. You guys are cut from some sturdy stock you fire fighters. Heal well. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.
  22. firefighterjake

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    Hehheh . . . I actually have a T-shirt with my "likeness" on it . . . but it's a stick figure and it's for Camp Jakeawana -- the T-shirts look very official, look like something you would get at a real campground, but in reality Camp Jakeawana is simply my side yard when a few of our friends come to camp for the weekend.
  23. firefighterjake

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    Just trying to give you a hard time Steve . . . I shouldn't do so when you're down (but not out) . . . and yes . . . this place is a lot like the firehouse . . . we kid each other mercilessly and give each other a hard time (i.e. Dennis refusing to split wood the right way), but the truth is folks here are wicked friendly and loyal to each other . . . it really is a bit like being part of a big, extended family.
  24. CJ-SR4ever

CJ-SR4ever New Member

Loc:
    New Hampshire
    Sorry to hear about your accident. Get well soon! Glad you are still here with us.
  25. labrador

labrador Member

Loc:
    upstate New York
    Steve, Sorry to hear about your accident. I hope your trip tomorrow is not a difficult one to the Dr. and that he will have good news after the x-ray. You are in our thoughts and judging by all the posts you will get a lot of positive feedback and help especially from our brotherhood of dedicated firemen,(I have 40 years of service;volunteer.) Keep up the positive attitude. Warren