Thank You All!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigjim13

Minister of Fire
Jan 5, 2009
Central Vermont
So, I have had my Harman P61A since summer of 2008. I have never had a professional cleaning or service call (knocking on wood as I type this!). Since the warranty is about to expire I figured its about time to have the dealer out and check it out.

So I schedule the appointment and meet the tech here today. He spent about 1 1/2 hrs here and looked everything over, hooked up a diagnostic tool to make sure the fans were turning on at the right times etc. Cleaned it from head to toe, checked everything out and deemed my stove good to go.

Now for the cool part, as we were chatting he said that my stove is the cleanest and best kept he has seen this season AND last season. The reason? This forum! I have learned so much about what to clean and how to take care of my stove from you all here. He expected to have to change my igniter but it looks ok. Expected to have my fine box jammed full, it was nearly empty.

He left and said, keep up the good work. Its not often I see a stove like this! So thank you all for your tips and tricks (even though I have yet to do the leaf blower trick!).

hey, Jim! Its not us, its YOU being diligent about doing it! Nearly everyone has the same resources you do, but so very few take advantage of them.

Very true! But its good to be able to come to a place like this and get good feedback from people in the know! Even though I don't post as much as some others and am not here as frequently as I would like, this site is still one of my favorites!!

Status
Not open for further replies.