The 13 is in

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ctd01

Oct 25, 2011
ct
Just got around to installing the 13 today. It seems to run really well. With the 12 we use to get stove top temps of around 300-400 and stack temp was close to or above that. The new stove hangs around 450 with the air control around half and stack temp is around 250-300. The stove burns very nice. Should I worry when the stack temp gets around 250? Thanks Paul.

Glad to hear you are happier so far!

That seems like your air control is open quite far and that temp kinda low. Are you doing a full load or a partial load? Have you tried turning the air down further once the wire is well established and seeing what happens?

Is your fuel marginally dry or is it well seasoned?

If the is marginal and you load a full stove up on hot coals it may sit for an extended period of time w/ the air open that far and then once the water is boiled out of the wood the temps could take off quite surprisingly (that is if you are there to witness it).

If I remember, you have a SS liner right? Just double checking, is it 6 in diameter? How tall is it?

Regardless, I think you are much better off w/ the 13 than the 12 and think it'll make you very pleased. Just wanted to make sure you didn't get a surprise when you weren't expecting it!

pen

Partial load we don't wanna kill it just yet lol. It's good dry wood and sector a 22ft ss liner. I am happy with it so far. I uses a lot less wood and stove top temps are great.

perfect! Great view w/ that big window for a small stove.

pen

We had the 13 to 600F + this Am. Handled it fine.

Signed,

The Pyro

:)

Ok it's 17 degrees here 80 in the basement 70 in upstairs living room and 68 in the bedrooms with no furnace! Got an excellent secondary burn goin too. This stove is great!

Ctd01 said:
Ok it's 17 degrees here 80 in the basement 70 in upstairs living room and 68 in the bedrooms with no furnace! Got an excellent secondary burn goin too. This stove is great!
It's a beautiful thing when it all comes together...and if the power goes out..no big deal..you and your family will be warm.

Ctd01 said:

It's gonna give ya about 5-6 hours, then it will drop.

Hang in there.

I concur!

I just got up and reloaded my NC-13. They are nice little stoves and very forgiving. Glad to see that your getting the results that you want. Oh yeah, pictures please.... LoL...;-P

Glad you got the 13 Paul.....you will love it.....and.....
WTF???? Let's see the pics dammit! :cheese:

I see 600+ all the time on the stove top.

Ahem...PICS!!!!

congrats on the install man!!!!

Interesting install.

Only comment I have is two 45's would be better then that 90 and if you could leave some rise to the horizontal run.

Will you be able to store some wood in the actual fireplace area..thinking that would be cool.
s3.jpg

The bend won't be as acute...better flow is what I'm told.

Good deal then!..others not so lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.