The $5 truckload...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Flatbedford said:
Chargerman said:
Danno77 said:
mayhem said:
Look up Sumo Springs. Same benfits as timbrens, but without the potential harsher ride. Alot of plow guys use Timbrens and some are converting over to Sumos.
IIRC They don't make sumo's for my truck, i looked that one up a couple of weeks ago.

Being a cheap skate here....would springs out of a 2500 or even 3500 work in your 1500? There should be a ton of those in wrecking yards for cheap. I used to swap them out all the time in the older style "boxy" Dodges.

The newer Ford 1/2 tons are a completely different truck from the 3/4 1nd 1 tons.

Danno77, We told you to hold out for the 3/4 or 1 ton. :cheese:

Danno has a Dodge though. I had a 2001 Dodge 2500 V10 and it still had leaf springs out back like the 1/2 tons. Of course the Dana 80 rear was a "little" bigger than what he has now.

Chargerman said:
Flatbedford said:
Chargerman said:
Danno77 said:
mayhem said:
Look up Sumo Springs. Same benfits as timbrens, but without the potential harsher ride. Alot of plow guys use Timbrens and some are converting over to Sumos.
IIRC They don't make sumo's for my truck, i looked that one up a couple of weeks ago.

Being a cheap skate here....would springs out of a 2500 or even 3500 work in your 1500? There should be a ton of those in wrecking yards for cheap. I used to swap them out all the time in the older style "boxy" Dodges.

The newer Ford 1/2 tons are a completely different truck from the 3/4 1nd 1 tons.

Danno77, We told you to hold out for the 3/4 or 1 ton. :cheese:

Danno has a Dodge though. I had a 2001 Dodge 2500 V10 and it still had leaf springs out back like the 1/2 tons. Of course the Dana 80 rear was a "little" bigger than what he has now.

Oops! I was thinking of the truck in the first post.

Gotta love a good deal !! My wife, and I went to pick up a load of seasoned, and split beech yesterday for $10 !! I really try not to buy firewood, but for the price I couldn't pass it up, besides the fact that I didn't have to swing the axe :)

FreeBeech.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.