The beast is getting hungry,,,,come on winter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have never thought I would want winter to come, but I do. I hated winter like you wouldn't believe until I got my first stove about 3 years ago, or maybe it's because I just bought a snowplow for my F-350.

iceman said:
hate to dissapoint but here on the east coast will be a mild winter.........el nino is starting to kick up and the N.A.O. doesnt look likt its in our favor......

Funny you mention this . . . I just was talking with my wife this morning and wondering if this summer's weather pattern will mean a milder winter . . . something that would disappoint me . . . not as a wood burner, but rather as an avid snowmobiler.

I've heard predictions from reputable sources saying both that it will be a mild winter here and that it will be colder with more snow. Well... someone will be right if you ask enough folks eh? It will be what it will be - prepare for the worst, hope for whatever it is you happen to like, and take what comes.

I've lived all over the place (benefit of growing up in a military family) and it seems that no matter where I live there is a local variant of the "if you don't like the weather in XYZ, wait a few minutes and it will change" - and folks seem to think it is unique to their region. Of course I've never lived in Florida or any of those areas where it is 70* for weeks (months?) on end either :)

it will be a mild winter..... we will still have cold spells but look out for warmer temps... 30-40s when the high should be 20-30
more precip yes... but whether its snow or not remains to be seen .... could be a lot of the mixing stuff the nasty stuff

iceman said:
it will be a mild winter..... we will still have cold spells but look out for warmer temps... 30-40s when the high should be 20-30
more precip yes... but whether its snow or not remains to be seen .... could be a lot of the mixing stuff the nasty stuff

please lets not have a mild winter

don't rush it.. i stopped burning in May - i love fire as much as the next guy but it will come and then by next May i'll be sick of feeding the beast again ;)

Stevebass4 said:
don't rush it.. i stopped burning in May - i love fire as much as the next guy but it will come and then by next May i'll be sick of feeding the beast again ;)

I'll be sick of it by Christmas. :-S

Status
Not open for further replies.