The Dump Won't Take Stumps So How About You Pay Me For Them

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBart

Modesterator
Staff member
More craigslist insanity.

Oak stumps 200-400 pounds a piece - $35 (Bristow VA)
Date: 2010-04-19, 3:35PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

For sale oak stumps, about 2 feet long, 1.5-3 feet in diameter. There are about 10 pieces. The wood is good for crafts, sculpture or firewood. I will help to load, but unfortunately can't deliver. Price 25-40 dollars a piece, depends on size

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1699906807

Wow! Such a deal! I wonder how many calls the guy gets. lol

There is something up with oak stumps dont know what it is but had someone that wanted to have one of mine ship to mid Il. and I was a smart @ss with him and said 1000.00 he got back with me again to try to get a discount, I said sure come and pick it up its yours for free have not heard back from him. lol

I imagine some of the oak stumps I have had would have made a nice large bowl, if a person had the equipment to turn a really large piece of wood. Still, I wouldn't pay for one, that would be like paying for leaves in the fall or a bag of dandelions. Anybody want to buy a stack of old newspapers? You pay shipping costs.

I live down the road from the guy that posted the ad and I know that the going rate for tree services to lug a stump away is six to eight hundred bucks around here. And they probably end up on the side of a back road in the middle of the night because the landfills won't take'em any more.

I have sixteen on the place pulled out of the ground when big trees went over in windstorms and they will lay there for eternity. Well, they will unless I find out some fool paid this guy for his.

I like this one:
Free brush and wood pile for camp fires (Hubbardston Ma)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-04-20, 12:58PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have a huge pile of brush and wood for fires. We dont have enough time to burn it all due to our new house being built. Come load up your trucks and haul it away! Email back for directions and address.
Thanks

Attachments

• brushpile.jpg
    brushpile.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 339
Status
Not open for further replies.