1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

The EPA and conventional Outside Wood Boilers?

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by fabguy01, Jun 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lawandorder

lawandorder Member

Loc:
    upstate new york
    So, my next questoin is : I have a tarm Solo installed in a heated detached garage 20 ft from my property line, piped underground to my house. Tarms are indoor units but if i read the NYS regs it appears it meets the definitions of and OWB???? Is this possible? or am I missing something. THe draft legislation does not mention gassification units.... Is that just a mistake or do people in Albany not understand the processes of OWBs and indoor Gassification units to put accurate language into a draft legislation.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Gooserider

Gooserider Mod Emeritus

Loc:
    Northeastern MA (near Lowell)
    I would expect that it is a case of lack of knowledge on the part of the gov't types, or a lack of caring... It is entirely possible that you might be impacted, though as others have pointed out, the odds of having a regulation enforced may be a function of how cleanly you burn - if you don't cause a problem the gov't thugs might leave you alone, but don't count on it...

Gooserider
  3. lawandorder

lawandorder Member

Loc:
    upstate new york
    nice.......
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.