1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

The pause button

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by Sprinter, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Sprinter

Sprinter Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SW Washington
    I had to share this with someone besides family.

My sister was babysitting her 4 year old granddaughter today. She was reading her a story outdoors when suddenly, my grand-niece had an urgent need for the bathroom. She tugged on my sister's sleeve and politely asked: "Grandma, could you pause the book while I go inside?"

Any other cute kid stories are invited.
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2013

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. mattjm1017

mattjm1017 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Corapeake NC
    I guess thats that modern technology pushing through with the children of today
  3. HDRock

HDRock Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Grand Blanc, Mi
    Music, It's a strange, strange, world we live in master jack !! :)
  4. woodgeek

woodgeek Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SE PA
    My kids did that too....:)

Another example....we had one of those fisher-price toy phones, kids never touched it. When they wanted to play telephone, they grabbed the TV remote, held it to their head and said 'Hi Grandma....'
  5. Hearth Mistress

Hearth Mistress Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Pt Pleasant, PA (SE PA)
    I don't remember who told me this but I thought I'd share...

During a children's sermon on Easter Sunday a little girl was wearing a particularly pretty ruffled dress. As she sat down, the pastor leaned over and said, "That is a very pretty dress. Is it your Easter Dress?" The little girl replied, directly into the pastor's clip-on microphone, "Yes, and my Mom says it's a groan to iron." ;lol Kid's don't have a filter, it's learned as they get older....too funny!
    Sprinter likes this.
  6. Jags

Jags Moderate Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern IL
    The two grand daughters were in the back seat of the car with their mom driving. The oldest was fiddling with the electric window. The youngest asked her mom - "is it OK to use the word dam, like in beaver dam?". Mom answered - why sure it is.

The youngest stared directly at the oldest and proclaimed " Macy, leave the beaver dam window alone".;lol