The REAL cold is coming this week in the NE...if you haven't cleaned your stove, now's the time!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Boogies LOL I throughly cleaned my stove on Sunday like every week.

Yup snuggie and my little girl wants one, she is here checking out the site so I am on my best behavior.

Just thought I'd bump this thread back to the top to remind everyone to CLEAN YOUR STOVES before tonight....the cold is coming! :grrr:

DOH! You mean up until now we've had fake cold?
Dang, don't tell that to my pellet stove!
J/k with ya Pete.
buddies.gif

Stove is crankin over here. Cleaned it this morning, fired her back up before lunch.
Dropped the T cap and brushed the pipe while I was at it.
Did both blowers in the last thorough cleaning so those should be
set for a while.
brrr.gif

macman said:
Just thought I'd bump this thread back to the top to remind everyone to CLEAN YOUR STOVES before tonight....the cold is coming! :grrr:

Thanks for the reminder!!
Cleaned the ash pan last weekend and the burn pot tonight.
Love this pellet heat!! :)

Here in NW Wisconsin, last night was -19 with a high today of -7.

Thursday is when the real cold is going to get here.

Running Breckwell Big E, have it set on #3 keeping the main level around 65 at night and 70 during the day. Upstairs is running about 5 degrees cooler.

Thursday might have to see what level #4 will produce.

Claiming it will be upper 20s or lower 30s next week.

Well here this morning its -33C or -27F :bug: That'll affect the brass monkey :lol:
This morning the propane fireplace came on meaning upstairs was below 17C or 62F. And thats with the stove downstairs at 80% capacity.
We don't complain tho' my brother in law is 450 miles north of here teaching at an outpost and its -43C or -45F there.

ResOps said:
Well here this morning its -33C or -27F :bug: .....
...my brother in law is 450 miles north of here and its -43C or -45F there.

In my best Joe Dirt imitation - "Daaaang!"

zeta said:
ResOps said:
Well here this morning its -33C or -27F :bug: .....
...my brother in law is 450 miles north of here and its -43C or -45F there.

In my best Joe Dirt imitation - "Daaaang!"
"Daaaang good flick!"

Attachments

• joe dirt.jpg
    joe dirt.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 171
Yup, as soon as I get home from work I will spend 20mins with the shop vac and get it all cleaned out. I think I might also leave it running while I am at work tomorrow. which I have not done yet. I had one auger failure and the pellets started smoldering in the auger tube. never got to the hopper though but made me a little nervous.

Status
Not open for further replies.