The smoke goes out through those little holes!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Someone needs to give him a link to this site.

Dude is totally clueless.

SMH ;hm These you tube videos spook me. The lack of knowledge is scary.

SMH ;hm These you tube videos spook me. The lack of knowledge is scary.
Yeah some really really scary advice being given out there.

"I don't have a clue about this appliance that contains a fire in my house, but I'm gonna tell you how to modify it."

Reactions: coutufr
This is serious? Could be a spoof.

"Smoking Wood Burning Stove Fix!" aka

"How I Managed To Turn My Modern Stove into a Less Efficient, Less Cleaner Burning and Shorter Burn Time Stove". Filmed and narrated by Clueless Guy.

Amazes me how folks that can figure out how to shoot and upload videos cannot somehow figure out how to do a simple internet search that would explain how their stove works and how they could fix what is most likely a draft issue.

Reactions: blacktail
Once again, the inexorable Darwinian forces :rolleyes:

He is a genius, I would have drilled the holes bigger and put some holes through the side of the stove for that secondary air thang.;).

Thankfully he's pulled the video. Hopefully he got the message.

Reactions: blacktail
Sorry I got here after the video was taken down. I have a collection of pics and videos of this insane stuff.

At least he ddn't do any long term, irreversible damage to his stove and can learn how to use it correctly. He should join Hearth.com too really learn the correct way to solve his smoke problem.

Thankfully he's pulled the video. Hopefully he got the message.

It is my understanding he pulled the video because he has decided to fast track patent "the fix" and market a turn key solution for smoking stoves. A friend sent me a proto type add for Smoke B' Gone, the smokey wood stove solution. Something about a miracle fix for smokey, poor drafting wood stoves. I will try to find more info and post it. This could be the next big thing! :) Manly :)