The value proposition? Englander vs. more expensive (Quadrafire / Harman)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ended up getting a harman accentra for many reasons looks,reliability, excelent craftsmanship,top of the line parts,but most of all the reason we purchased it was ease of use.try downloading the manuals on maintenance to see wich stove might be right for you hope this helps.Love my harman

Dittos from Croton.

Just into my 4th season of flawless service, great heat and manageable maintenance. I clean once a week, but only take the plates off every other week. Might scrape the burn pot in between if the stove is cold - which is rare in the heart of the season.

Don't get me wrong, I actually enjoy cleaning my stove and taking care of it, but I don't have the time or energy to do it every day. Another Harman lover here.

Status
Not open for further replies.