There goes my free wood!!!!!!!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fespo

Minister of Fire
Dec 14, 2005
South West burbs of Chicago
I have been lucky over the years with free firewood. I do all the dirty work, but hey its free. It hads been getting a litte harded each year to find anyone to bring me any wood because they can sell it around to places that make mulch. Then iIread this http://www.southtownstar.com/business/839547,0313robbinsburner.article . I dont think I will ever be able to find anyone to bring me wood. We will have to wait and see.

"If you want to increase emissions at one location you have to find someone who has decreased emissions elsewhere," Bob Smet, an IEPA permit engineer, said.

How about just keeping emissions lower rather then the same??????????????

I doubt all the snobby NIMBY do gooders are going to let that place start burning. Even if they do it sounds like a pay as you dump operation. I'm sure you'll still get free wood somewhere.

Dollars to donuts, they contract a sweetheart deal with their big business buddy buddy friends to bring in the wood from further off ,if not out of state,so i don't thing your local small time arborists will even be asked to supply any wood, at all.

Actually 350,000 tons a yr would be too much wood for the local area to supply. Thay 70,000
to 75,000 cords a yr. or 6250 cords a month.

No,they have big business supply them from afar.

Don't worry about this venture. If it is Government subsedized or has anything to do with the Crazy enviornment rules and regulations they are destine to fail

"remove debris such as nails."

What is the problem with nails in wood going to an incinerator? They don't do any harm to my woodstove.
Perhaps the incinerator should just go back to burning garbage (but with better emissions controls), there's an unlimited supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.