1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

There is no fire in the stove..

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by eclecticcottage, Jan 12, 2013.

1. eclecticcottage

eclecticcottage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    WNY
    not even glowing coals. We hit 64 today and it's still in the 50's!! Moved a bunch of firewood up close to the house from behind a shed for when it gets cold again, and took our 2 100lb tanks up for a refill. About half empty for both, not bad for almost 3 months of hot water, cooking and the 10K btu heater (stove and heater both have a pilot too). Weird to see a dark stove in January...and still be warm!!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

Same here it was warm as heck in the woods today no snow all mud and windy. I loved it though great being outdoors !

Pete
  3. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    We got up to 35 today. It will be well below that tonight. Cold is coming.
  4. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    46 at ten o'clock. Stove is cold and the electric meter is burning out a bearing.
  5. fossil

fossil Accidental Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Bend, OR
    Bizarre weather. Hard freeze in San Diego...never ever saw anything approaching that all the years I lived down there. 60-some thousand acres of Avocado crops threatened, as well as citrus. Single digit temps overnight here in Bend, but we should warm up some after tomorrow. Weird things happening.

ETA: One of my distinct "memory moments" from my years in San Diego was out walking my dog on New Year's morning 1995 wearing shorts & T-shirt, and thinking to myself, "It ain't gonna be like this a year from today in Northern Virginia." It most certainly wasn't! ;lol
  6. Mrs. Krabappel

Mrs. Krabappel Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Blue Ridge Mountains NC
    We got up near 70 today
  7. nate379

nate379 Guest

Been warm out this way as well. Was in the upper 20s this morning with some ugly freezing rain. Now it's pouring rain and nearly 40*. If this keeps on going I'm going to be mowing my lawn soon! :eek:
    milleo likes this.
  8. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    We got snookered. Been telling us for a week it would be sunny and probably hit 70 today. Left the stove cold. 100% clouds and foggy 50 degrees all day. Lit the bad boy off at six pm. Now we proceed to rain and cold for at least the next three days.