Thermometer placement on the Leyden

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluehawk

Hearth Supporter
Sep 4, 2009
East TN
Just curious where you guys with the Lopi Leyden put your thermometer? I was messing around moving it around the stove and was getting some significant different readings. just curious if anyone knew the "correct" spot to put it.

Are you talking about a wired thermostat or a wireless t-stat? My stove is a corner install blowing out on an angle, the wired programmable t-stat is on the wall, about 12 feet away, but not in the line of fire of the blower fan.

bluehawk,

I am also a new owner of a Lopi Leyden, and am in fact building a log home in Leyden, MA. I been researching this site a lot over the last couple of days on how to burn it efficiently. One answer to your question can be found by another new user (at the time of his post), Jim P, at, https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/31039/, or "New Lopi Leyden Temps OK?"

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.