1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

these pellets?????

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by mtalea, Oct 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mtalea

mtalea Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Bristol, Connecticut
    Hello all,Energex has a pellet called phoenix switch grass pellets by energex.anyone know anything about them..or have you used them......what are the specs?

any info welcome

thanks

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. EPF11

EPF11 New Member

Loc:
    PA
    I've used a few bags-they give off good heat, just a little more ash but I don't mind that. I like the fact that they are another type of bio-fuel and that they are growing switchgrass now to be made into pellets.
  3. imacman

imacman Guest

Pelletuser, I'm curious....what did you pay for them? Where did you find them for sale?
  4. EPF11

EPF11 New Member

Loc:
    PA
    I work for Energex (you should know) and back this summer when we manufactured them, I grabbed a few bags. I'm hoping we can make more next year, as we had a really good response from users.
  5. slvrblkk

slvrblkk Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northampton, PA
    I would love to try these! Is there any type of mailing list of sort to be put on when they become available?
  6. richg

richg Minister of Fire

I appreciate that you identified yourself as an Energex employee, even though it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out given your moniker ;-)) The switchgrass pellets sound very interesting, and please keep us posted on their status.
  7. mtalea

mtalea Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Bristol, Connecticut
    hey does anyone have the ratings on those pellets? I am interested in more info
  8. imacman

imacman Guest

Hey EnergexRep, glad to have you on the site. I hope you check in once in a while, and keep the members up-to-date on what's happening on the manufacturing side of this industry.

Looks like there's interest here about those switchgrass pellets....can you get us more info? Where you might be selling them? I'd like to try some.

Anyway, welcome!
  9. mkmh

mkmh New Member

Loc:
    Southern, Maine
    Absolutely. I'd love to try some of these. AS I understand it, switchgrass produces a lot more ash than wood, but i'd love to try some just for fun.
    Anyone know if the pricing is lower than wood pellets?
    I was starting to think this was pretty much a dead project
    http://www.grassbioenergy.org/res/pellet_stove_demo.asp
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.