Thi may be the deal of a lifetime

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff_t

Minister of Fire
Sep 14, 2008
SE MI
http://annarbor.craigslist.org/grd/2546722755.html

Stihl Chain Saw & Fire Wood - $2000 (Tecumseh)
Date: 2011-08-14, 4:50PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
Seasoned Fire Wood, Cut, Split & Stacked Approx. 6 Facecored and a Stihl 441 Chain Saw w/ 25" Bar & Case
$2,000.00 OBO. Contact Tim

He had a 26 ton MTD splitter included the other day, for $2500. Which was still way too much.

gimme 30 minutes to pack a cooler,brew 2 thermos's of coffee,gas up the truck & I'll be there by noon tommorow! :lol:

6 face cords sounds like he wasnt very good at running it....

Hang on, I'm still looking for a Stihl dealer that advertises the 441 @ $ 1600.00, figuring that's about $ 400.00 worth of wood delivered & stacked around here if it's premium. Sheesh! BTW Jay, that's funny! That saw could cut 2 cord before morning break with a competent operator.

I was thinking I should try to buy the saw for $400. Should be about right if he sold the splitter for $500.

Right Jeff, offer him $500.00 for everything picked up or $600.00 if he'll deliver. A C

And if somebody ponies up and pays that you would have your saw and wood up for sale in a heartbeat. :lol:

amateur cutter said:
Hang on, I'm still looking for a Stihl dealer that advertises the 441 @ $ 1600.00, figuring that's about $ 400.00 worth of wood delivered & stacked around here if it's premium. Sheesh! BTW Jay, that's funny! That saw could cut 2 cord before morning break with a competent operator.

It seems when it is time to sell a stihl chainsaw, the original MSRP goes up by 30% and they add the tax. People are nuts. You could almost buy a 660 and a 260 for $1600.

Price dropped to $1,450. Guy has no idea, I guess.

S

Best wait until it drops a bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.