1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

This could have been a good bit of snow.

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by Gasifier, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Gasifier

Gasifier Minister of Fire

Loc:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, N.Y.
    We have gotten a good bit of rain today and tonight here in Northern New York. Luckily for us it was above freezing. How many of you guys in the Northeast were cold enough to get some snow? Must have been a good amount of you, especially in the higher elevations.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. hossthehermit

hossthehermit Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Maine, ayuh, by gorry
    Freezing rain, shut down the whole state for a few hours. They closed the bridge in from New Hampshire, Maine was NOT "Open for Bizness"
  3. fishingpol

fishingpol Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Merrimack Valley, MA
    I was out late for work last night and into early this morning. It was mild, heavy rain and worms all over the lawns and walkways. I could have started a live bait business. Better worms than snow on the lawn. You don't need a plow for worms ya' know.
  4. stejus

stejus Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central MA
    About 1/2" of liquid... no snow other than a dusting to an 1" in the forcast for 7 days out right now. I think I don't have to remind anyone the day after Xmas last year we got a ton of snow and it didn't stop snowing until late Feb. ;-)
  5. GAMMA RAY

GAMMA RAY Minister of Fire

Loc:
    PA.
    Only rain here, no snow.
    I can't believe how mild it is today. It is in the low 50's here in Nepa. Fires here only during the colder nights.
    I would, however, would like to see some snow for Christmas.... :)
  6. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    Freezing rain the other day . . . now 2 or 3 inches of snow . . . looks like we're going to have a White Christmas here in Maine.