Thought I was done with the issues with my Quadrafire MVAE ... need help please!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I skimmed the mv manual and it seems with that vent setup it may cause a hiccup every now and then. It states a min of 5' vertical but recommends terminating above the roof line. To me it sounds as this stove may rely on the natural drafting of the exhaust more than others?
I didnt notice reading a max for horizontal runs tho. I know the manual for englander states 4 foot max for horizontal.. diff animals i know... but considering you have more horizontal run than you do vertical i would expect small problems on occasion.

Reactions: alternativeheat
I skimmed the mv manual and it seems with that vent setup it may cause a hiccup every now and then. It states a min of 5' vertical but recommends terminating above the roof line. To me it sounds as this stove may rely on the natural drafting of the exhaust more than others?
I didnt notice reading a max for horizontal runs tho. I know the manual for englander states 4 foot max for horizontal.. diff animals i know... but considering you have more horizontal run than you do vertical i would expect small problems on occasion.
Yes, the only saving grace is it's 4" venting but still susceptible to wind direction and I would think back drafts( I'm no engineer lol). I always like the above the roof line with a 360deg vent capable cap ( so at least open 360 deg around the circumference with a cap over that), because this causes max natural draft and no matter the wind direction actually an increase in draft from that wind, N, S, E, W winds don't matter. And 0 down drafts. Just sayin

Status
Not open for further replies.