Thoughts on a 5 year old harman

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeypuck

Feeling the Heat
Sep 6, 2009
south central NH
5 year old Accentra stove. Looking at it tomorrow. It appears that it was a secondary heating device with about 5 tons put through it in the past 5 years. A couple of questions:
1. What has changed on this model over the past 5 years?
2. Is half off of msrp reasonable?

Cut to the chase hpuck, what can you get it for? Date manufactured is stamped in the plate, Great stove if the price is right.:cool:

Hello

If that is the stove in Nashua for $2100, that is not bad!

Although you may want to buzz over to the Stove Shoppe in Windham NH on RT 111 and see that Brand Spanking New Avalon high tech AGP with rotary disc for a mere $2660 introductory price with the re-engineered Harman syle burn pot and the super air wash that keeps the glass clean all week!

See my report on the AGP and pics I took at the same Stove Shoppe on RT 111
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads...llet-stove-with-horizontal-rotary-disc.89190/

Just let you know I bought a 5 year old Accentra (model year is 2006) last year that had bout 5 or so ton burned through it life before me and only paid $600. So you saying half of mrsp is quite high. I would be leaning toward $1000 or less. I must say the Accentra is one heck of a stove and well worth the investment.

5 year old Accentra stove. Looking at it tomorrow. It appears that it was a secondary heating device with about 5 tons put through it in the past 5 years. A couple of questions:
1. What has changed on this model over the past 5 years?
2. Is half off of msrp reasonable?

1. quite alot has changed.....the feeding mechanism has changed to an Ultralight mechanism, meaning no chain drive anymore. Now there is a hopper lid switch instead of a hopper sensor, which tended to plug. Several circuit board upgrades in that time as well. ESP has changed as well.
2. Hm...5 years old, and half of MSRP? I think slightly high. Dont forget,these things typically retail at 10% less than MSRP every day of the week. Also, there is a promo in Accentras these days, giving you $300 off the retail price (NOT the MSRP), PLUS whatever perks the dealer gives. My advice would be to counter her......I'd offer her $1200.

Reactions: jtakeman
Status
Not open for further replies.