Thunder Ice?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It does sound cool when you're out on the ice. You can feel it through your feet.

Finally I get a nice generator because we were losing power a lot from summer storms and winter storms.
Now in the 3rd year We've lost power a total of 15 minutes. I plugged the refrigerator and two lamps
in anyway for practice.;hm

Got power back yesterday afternoon. Now it has been snowing for several hours. For us this is what we don't get until January. And only every four years or so even then. Temps headed down and will be in the teens this evening. I will take a pic of my 900 foot snow over ice downhill ski run that we usually call a driveway in a little while. If I wanted this crap I would have moved farther North. :mad:

We are going down to zero or so tonight, it's 4F right now. This is early, usually we get this cold weather in January or Febuary.

We are going down to zero or so tonight, it's 4F right now. This is early, usually we get this cold weather in January or Febuary.

If things stay as they are, I'll be able to be ice fishing by Christmas. Been quite a while since I've been able to say that. Ice was only good enough for me (with my schedule) to get out once last year (short season), and not at all the year before (just wasn't ice). In years past, I got on around Christmas and was able to fish until sometime in March. Two years ago was the first time in my life that the ice was never safe to fish on around here.

As much as the cold sucks for heating purposes, I'm just glad that the mud has turned solid. I hate mud.

Status
Not open for further replies.