Tips for the Drolet Eco-45

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DougMorency

Dec 7, 2008
Osgoode, On
I have been solving problems that I have had with my Eco-45 and this is what I have done

1. if your auger is not one of the smooth chromed one and your serial number is from the first series, contact drolet and or who you got the stove from and get the replacement auger, bushing and gasket. this makes a world of difference. I did this and I ended of with 3 of each, now I have spares, but I dought that I will need the extra 2.

2. if you get a P code, I take the rubber hose of the back of the pressure switch, and blow on it, it seems to remove any clog.

3. keep the burn pot cleaned as I have had the spot for the ignition fill with ash, but That was just me learning

4. keep your exhaust pipes clean, and I will be building the leaf blower attachment to help me with this.

I will update this post as I encounter any problems and solve them.

I am please with this stove overall, and most of the problems have been needing to learn about pellet stoves.
=======================================================================================
Update from Drolet or reset code for my stove.

The two button reset of the H1 is not working for me, so I talked to Anne at Drolet this morning and here is the reset that she game me.

Press the "Mode" button and release
Press the "+" button and release
Press the "-" button and release
Press the "quiet" button and hold for 3 to 5 seconds.

The stove will reset/or power off and all should be fine.

I will try this when I get home from work tonight :)

Doug

Doug,what is the deal with the auger? Pretty hard for me to ask for something that isn't causing a problem. If you do a search,you will find some other discussions about the drolet.I'm glad to hear you are happy with it.I think it is a decent stove so far,though I'm on my second auger motor.I wonder if there is a relationship with the auger problem?

pete324rocket said:
Doug,what is the deal with the auger? Pretty hard for me to ask for something that isn't causing a problem. If you do a search,you will find some other discussions about the drolet.I'm glad to hear you are happy with it.I think it is a decent stove so far,though I'm on my second auger motor.I wonder if there is a relationship with the auger problem?
My Serial number is 1957 and the original auger is a grey color with a pitted finis and the new auger is chrome, the brass busing on my old shaft was very tight and would not spin.

That could be what is causing your motor problem. Drolet is on their 3rd version of the stove based on serial numbers

I hope this helps. I will post pics of the new and old augers soon.

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.