To The Folks Shutting Down For Summer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I was called out on it . . . here are some pics of my kitchen renovation in progress.

We still have lots to do -- paint the ceiling, put up ceiling trim, get the countertops installed, get the three other upper cabinets installed, do the floor, finish off the small table/desk, put up window/door trim, fix the dishwasher, paint the pantry, etc. . . . but trust me . . . it beats the home-made cabinets we had before AND right now I don't even mind the particle board "countertops" we have compared to the pink countertop I had on one side and the white with gold flecked flower formica countertop from the 1970s I had on the other side.

I'm really liking the extra lighting we put in . . . and love the pantry my wife wanted to install. Color seems to be off in the photos for some reason -- beadboard backsplash is actually more of an olive green. In some photos it almost looks blue.

Attachments

• DSCF3599.jpg
    DSCF3599.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 172
  • DSCF3597.jpg
    DSCF3597.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 190
Looking good. I am just finishing up a partial kitchen redo myself. New cabinets weren't in the budget, I just knocked down a wall and moved the old ones around.

Looks good Jake. We just remodeled our kitchen last year and then the new Hampton this winter.....which I think was always in the plan, just the boss didn't tell me. %-P

And just got a bit more good news . . . the place where I ordered the remaining three cabinets called to let us know they're in so I can pick them up . . . although the NH company (Cabinets to Go) said they were coming up on Friday to Falmouth and were willing to bring them up free of charge to that point . . . it's only another two hours for me and I was planning on going down Saturday if they called anyway . . . but it was still a very nice gesture. Very impressed with this company.

Nice job Jake. I like the bead board. Wife wants to do that when we reno the kitchen. Like FBF, no new cabs, but they'll be rearranged a bit and new countertops. Need a dishwasher, so one of the cabs will be relocated.
Thanks for the pics. I love this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.