Tongue was dragging

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeyD

Minister of Fire
Jun 15, 2008
South Jersey
I am not sure why but after installing IE 11, I could no longer post to this site until I figured out a fix this morning.

I picked this up last weekend from a CL scrounge. It was three trips and I didn't need to break out my saw and the guys cutting the tree did most of the heavy loading.

On another note, I think I am going to install some air shocks to help out a bit when I run into stuff like this because the tongue of my trailer was sitting a little to low with the big rounds loaded and hit bottom coming out of the driveway. I took it slow but make it home without any other problems.

It's hard to tell from the picture but I figure almost two cords here.

There were also some rounds still in my pickup when I took this picture.

20131111_162843.jpg

3 trips with truck and trailer? Both the truck and trailer full? I was actually going to guess from what I see 1.5-2 cords

Yes, truck and trailer. These are were the heaviest rounds I've hauled to date.
I like your firewood ring pic on your profile

Big rounds. Is that hard maple?

I wouldn't touch those big ones again unless it was time to bust them in halves. ;) I'm happy with Timbren helper springs in the rear. They don't increase your trucks GVWR, but for those times you *have* to get something really heavy a few miles, they're great. I had to add shackle lifts to keep one-inch clearance between the helpers and the frame for an unloaded factory ride.

Lot's of guys here loved their air-suspensions, though. Good work.

I am not sure why but after installing IE 11, I could no longer post to this site until I figured out a fix this morning.

I picked this up last weekend from a CL scrounge. It was three trips and I didn't need to break out my saw and the guys cutting the tree did most of the heavy loading.

On another note, I think I am going to install some air shocks to help out a bit when I run into stuff like this because the tongue of my trailer was sitting a little to low with the big rounds loaded and hit bottom coming out of the driveway. I took it slow but make it home without any other problems.

It's hard to tell from the picture but I figure almost two cords here.

There were also some rounds still in my pickup when I took this picture.

View attachment 117888

Whats the metal plate on the ground?

That wood is cut nice and ready for splitting, can't beat that.

Whats the metal plate on the ground?

That is a piece of diamond plate my father used as a sort of bed liner and extra weight in his pickups back in the seventies before bed liners were plastic. I can't even remember how I ended up with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.