Too hot ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

AbrK

Mar 9, 2017
Ontario
Stove top temp got a little to warm I think, Got distracted after reloading the stove it was making all kinds of weird noises
Too hot ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noises are normal as a stove heats up, your post lacks the detail to give a better answer.

Use the timer on your phone, in case you get distracted. ;)

Red x instead of image for me.

Same here

Top of stove was 826F I can’t get the picture to load up for some reason

Dunno what stove you have, but 826F is toasty on any of them! Hopefully it ain’t soapstone.

826 is hot and I'd be choking the air off completely at that point, but I wouldn't worry a ton about it unless it's left for an extended period of time at those temps.

No it’s not soapstone the stove is a century heating fw3000 owners manual says the stove is carbon steel I figured it was a bit on the warm side I shut the blinds and shut the lights off to see if it was glowing and it wasn’t

did you notice a smell at that temp? I can always tell when mine gets to hot, theres a distinct smell in the house real quick.

That’s how I realized I had forgot about it I could smell the stove from the kitchen