TRASHED Condar Probe thermometer shipment (pics)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They might want to rethink the only thermometer accurate for double-wall statement.

BeGreen said:
They might want to rethink the only thermometer accurate for double-wall statement.

I was told by condar that they will be doing just that in short order. Time will tell.

pen

one way to check how acurate the thermometer is, would be to place it in boiling water and adjust the pointer as needed to read 212 degrees. We've had good success with this in our store with some of the problem probes

skinanbones said:
one way to check how acurate the thermometer is, would be to place it in boiling water and adjust the pointer as needed to read 212 degrees. We've had good success with this in our store with some of the problem probes

Like this?

12210014.jpg

Or this?

12210.jpg

I sent these pics to condar and they didn't feel that they accurately depicted what was happening w/ a probe in a stove setting.

pen

120inna55 said:
kettensäge said:
DanCorcoran said:
"Heheh…yeah, while my avatar is a real photo of me, it is contradictory to my actual demeanor. "

I have to agree with Highbeam. I have a negative reaction every time I see your avatar photo and it biases me against what you are posting. I don't expect you to change it for my sake, but just thought feedback wouldn't hurt.

No harm meant but... this is exactly why you can't always go by looks, especially an avatar.

I think they're just commenting on how the avatar "paints" the post, albeit subconsciously.

Funny - I never had an avatar and went searchiing recently for fire related images...
to make it short, after two days I was irritated with myself - I guess some people are very visual..

Grrr, I always mess up when I play with the quoty things.

i've never seen a probe out by that much. To my thinking heat is heat as to where is comes from it doesn't matter. We usally put the probe and a meat thermometer in a large coffee mug with boiling water and compare the two

Damn this thing's ugly. I installed it near the rear of the stovepipe as a result. The stovepipe is doublewall telescopic, so I just made one of holes in the joint a little bigger. I didn't expect it to protrude so far. I'm glad it comes with a grommet. I may end-up storing the probe elsewhere and only inserting it periodically. I plan to "plug" the resulting hole with a black screw as shown in the final pics.

Condar20.jpg

Condar21.jpg

Condar22.jpg

Condar23.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.