Treatment process

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gorsuchmill

Mar 14, 2008
Central MD
I just purchased some treatment chemicals from Woodboiler Solutions and have a simple question. What is the best way to circulate the additive through the entire system? I was thinking I could manually open the lone zone valve and jump the thermostats that control each zone (6 total) to get each of the circs working. I'd let that process occur for some time then slightly open one of the lower drains. I suppose I would need to only open one of the drains to the point the make-up water coming into the system was able to keep up with the exiting water; otherwise I would risk having the circs run dry. Or, is there a better way to drain the solution back out of the system without the circs running?

Also, for those that need treatment chemicals I was very pleased with the pricing and assistance provided by Woodboiler Solutions.

Thanks.

There is a technique for adding anti-freeze to a system, where you use a bucket with the solution in it and a couple of hoses so that you put the bucket in the circulation loop and essentially replace the liquid in it... Not sure just how to describe it, but I think you should be able to find it with a search, and the same approach should work just fine.

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.