Tree ID Please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr A

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2011
N. California
Got a call to scrounge up some firewood. Three dead trees in the yard, they don't look familiar, and I dont know which ones yet. 1190 Jonas Ave Sacramento, CA 95864- look at the street view on google maps. Quite a handy tool to pre inspect , as the tree was usually still standing and photographed before it was cut down.

Some look pretty dead.
Not a close enough pic to ID for me.

Yea, the dead ones are probably the small guys without any leaves. It's not very far, but is a sketchy neighborhood. I may stop by just because the property manager called me, could lead to paying work

I can't I.D much from the pic either, but does look like a decent amount of wood there. Trunks & limbs fairly straight for yard trees.

The dieing ones have the torch shape that Silver Maple have around here, but no idea if they grow out by you. I can almost convince myself that I see some oak leaves on the ones to the left, er, north?

Status
Not open for further replies.