Tree ID, sourwood?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluehawk

Sep 4, 2009
East TN
Hey guys what do you think this tree is? I'm leaning towards sourwood but not sure. The description of the sourwood talks about it growing irregular (bends) and this one definitely does.
100_0081.jpg

100_0082.jpg

100_0079.jpg

100_0080.jpg

First pic definitely reminds me of sourwood. Dad had to take down a small one last weekend to get a red oak. I personally think it's a pretty wood, but it splits like crap.

Taste it, see if its sour? Only kidding.

The flowers look like Sourwood, and no other tree-sized plant has similar flowers. It's Sourwood.

thanks guys, forestry class in high school was a long time ago. Thought it prob was a sourwood but all the pictures I found on the internet didnt really match. Zap that link doesnt work.

Status
Not open for further replies.