Trouble knowing what term to search with

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah they just don't combine very well like i said earlier you usually end up with a good coal stove that will sort of burn wood or vice versa

pretty much right on the money ,

simple solution is this , what will you be burning , if you have one fuel of the other as available primary fuel source commit to ot , if its coal go with a Hitzer or Harman and understand they aren't great wood stoves. Or , if wood will be the primary fuel , go with a big woodstove in the basement or a furnace , or a medium to large (2.5 to 3/5 CF ) wood burner up stairs and forget about coal.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/united-states-stove-wonderluxe-wood-coal-stove

Similar, and currently $300 cheaper at Tractor Supply. $699

(hmmm. Is it the same stove, relabeled?)

No it isn't :( ...Most circulators look similar. The Wonderluxe has a 2.8 Cubic foot fire box and the BCAC is 4.3. That would be the biggest difference between the two. There are similar differences in size in almost every aspect of the two. However they are both made in a Union factory in Alabama

Reactions: hoverwheel
Get you a new EPA stove as the higher efficiency will allow you to use alot less wood. I only use about 50% of the wood I used with an older wood furnace heating same size house. Now you have to have good seasoned wood 20% moisture or less. You can get a moisture meter to check at Lowes.

Get you a stove that is a North South loader and you wont have to worry about a split rolling against the door glass.

How many square feet is the basement and how many square feet is upstairs?

Status
Not open for further replies.