Tucked in my Storage Tanks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

huffdawg

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 3, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Stuffed in fiberglass batts. DSC_0006.JPG

Reactions: mikefrommaine
Coool ... urr ... hot!

Looks better IMO. Should save a little wood having the pipes inclosed. I like the expanshion tank up high out of the way. I'm going to build a self to set mine on in the near future.

Temps dropped from 180::F to 164::F in 9 hrs.Out side temps were 31::F. Its definately not as hot in the shop any more .

I have two exp. tanks up there WM. Floor space is a premium. I have them tee'd into the top of my buffer tank which is about foot and a half above the exp.tank inlet so any air will rise away from the exp. tanks too the buffer tank.

Huff

Temps dropped from 180::F to 164::F in 9 hrs.Out side temps were 31::F. Its definately not as hot in the shop any more .

I have two exp. tanks up there WM. Floor space is a premium. I have them tee'd into the top of my buffer tank which is about foot and a half above the exp.tank inlet so any air will rise away from the exp. tanks too the buffer tank.

Huff
floor space in my boiler shed is also at a premium. I have tall cielings so plenty of room up high for it. I'll be able to get a few more days worth of wood in there after that project.

floor space in my boiler shed is also at a premium. I have tall cielings so plenty of room up high for it. I'll be able to get a few more days worth of wood in there after that project.

Floor space is always at a premium. I'm going to hang a shelf off my floor trusses. I'll put the two expansion tanks on their sides up there. Got to build it strong. Tanks weigh 90lbs each empty!

JP

Huffdawg, is the right side of the platform for your expansion tank hanging from that vertical 2x4 alone, or is it tied into a piece of blocking between the two studs adjacent to it on your tank enclosure? Can't tell from the picture. If not, considering the weight of the expansion tank filled it would be safer to tie that side of the platform to a piece of horizontal blocking.

Mike

Dogwood , the left and the back are screwed through the boxers into the wall studs. that vertical 2 by 4 is screwed into the floor joist above and into the boxer. I have done chin ups off that corner ,I am 206 lbs.. I will be removing the vertical 2 by 4 and adding another section into that space between it and the storage tank wall to accomidate my tile cutter when I get time.
One day 'ill be finished all this construction an i'll be able to do more fishing.;). Anyone know where spell check is on this new site format

Huff

Expansion tanks would not be full of water. I think if both ends of that 2x4 are bolted securely, I think I'd run with that. The tanks are pushed back against the wall - doubt there would be much weight out at that corner at all. But I would likely be more comfy with more support, all said & done.

Status
Not open for further replies.