U.S.Stoves 2500 or Englander 30?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rparker

Feeling the Heat
Jul 17, 2011
Vermont
Both same price at different stores. Which is recommended?

Go with the 30 (I am biased)!

If it was a #'s game? I would count the owners with the 30 here amd then the 2500?

My Uncle has a 2000. Good stove, but it cant be turned down as low as the 30. Dont know about the 2500 though....

Go with the 30 (I am biased)!

If it was a #'s game? I would count the owners with the 30 here amd then the 2500?

My Uncle has a 2000. Good stove, but it cant be turned down as low as the 30. Dont know about the 2500 though....
X2

Reactions: DexterDay
Based on what we've seen here in the past few years, from a service standpoint I think you'll be better off with Englander.

If i was you i would go with a 30.

US stove company has problems I know from experience. The Mag will be my last dealings with them i am hopeing to make it work better this year.

Ive owned both US stoves and Englander, I personally like Englander better.

The 2500 is a 2.5 cu ft stove. The Englander is 3.5 cu ft.

That's a big difference.

I would go with the Englander NC30 from everything I have read in the past. It gets rave reviews all the time.

Thanks for all of the insight. Looks like Englander is the way to go. Will pass this on to daughter/son in law.

Status
Not open for further replies.