unadvertised splitter sale at menards

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeK

Oct 12, 2014
MN
Was in local menards in Alexandria mn and splitters are on sale. 30 ton forest king for 899. Fyi.

I have drooled over that the last three times I have been in there. Ours even did an 11% rebate on top of that last week. I couldn't convince the wife to let me get it.

That's the leftover splitter from Black Friday. I picked one up then for $799. Just had time this past weekend to use it- split 2 cords up for next year. Some walnut, red oak, white oak, ash, and a little hedge. It went thru everything I stuck in there, but slowed down on the white oak crotches. The electric start doesn't turn it over quite fast enough to start it cold. Hot starts were ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.