Uneven heat from left side of harmon accentra pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
October 2011
Then we have the same stove and you should be able to see Just need to get LOWER lol.

I also wonder what happened to Henry he never replied back? Hope he fixed the problem

I used an infrared gun and tested both sides 260 out of the middle 178 out of the left and 173 out of the right to me its pretty balanced

I wouldn't be surprised if some stoves put out less heat on the left, because that port is longer, so the air has further to travel.

As far as the infrared reading maybe the temperature coming out is even, but there is less air flow making it feel like less heat on the hand?
Its possible. I am not sure where the heat comes from? It may come from the middle and most of the heat is directed towards the middle thats why it is hotter and then the sides pick up cooler air but they are within a few degrees of each other I would think if you had a 30 -40 degree difference then there would be a problem. But less then ten degrees is fine to me

Instead of trying to measure the air, I point my infrared thermometer at the top casting, to the left and right of the hopper door. I routinely see about 110 on the left and 130 on the right.

If there is moisture/ creoste in left tube it is clogged for sure. Te hard end off shop vac hose and push hose into left tube. i will go around corner and suck trash out of tube. If it is clogged bad it may take awhile with brush and vac to get it cleared out. when all clear you will be able to see vac hose in back corner from right port.

Any luck ?

Is it warmer on the side the convection blower is mounted. Most of the old Whit's blew warmer on the side the blower was mounted.

as said above...left hand tube clogged or partially clogged.

Status
Not open for further replies.