Upgrades with picture

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kenny chaos

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Apr 10, 2008
Rochester,ny
Here's a horrible shot of my new/old stove but maybe with some interesting background.
Yes, it is possible to buy a good used stove. Here's a Lopi Liberty I bought this past fall on Craigslist for $1100. It was used one season and I had to replace two bricks.
The stove it replaced was a side exhaust which is why the bend in the flue pipe.
See the 1/4 round white thing at the top? That's actually a hand painted decorative pie plate that covers a hole in the wall where the old kitchen stove flue went. It passed below the ceiling of the hall behind it and up into a brick chimney.
And the white square right above the stove is a through-the-wall-fan which blew right on the back of the old flue pipe and did nothing but cool the pipe.
The picture is shot from the living room and you can partly see the depth of the stone wall covered with wood on the left side.
The brick behind the stove is 1/4" face brick and is an effective thermal mass.
The hearth is slate.
The wood holder is a 25 gallon pickle crock.
The electric stove is cooking my dinner, late.

Attachments

• lopi liberty.jpg
    lopi liberty.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 432
"If you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen" Now it all makes sense

That is nice. The stove is in the heart of the house - the kitchen. I like it.

I want that old crock!

I like the pickle crock - great touch particularly in the kitchen.

Chaos In The Kitchen ... sounds like a new sitcom.

Got a crock like that in the kitchen from my Mom...now it holds pet food. Kenny try and hold the button half way for a second and the camera will auto focus...if ya don't mind me say'en. Anyway nice set up but I would think you'd have a bigger wood holder as bitter cold as it gets up there.

savageactor7 said:
Got a crock like that in the kitchen from my Mom...now it holds pet food. Kenny try and hold the button half way for a second and the camera will auto focus...if ya don't mind me say'en. Anyway nice set up but I would think you'd have a bigger wood holder as bitter cold as it gets up there.

I took it with the wife's cell phone. Yes, I broke down and let her get a cell phone. Technodaughter came over and spent three hours teaching the new TECHNODAD how to take a picture and get it on the computer.
The crock actually holds enough for two days down to about 25 degrees then we get one day out of it.
The crock catches and holds lots of dirt.
I think my enchiladas are all most ready.

"Chaos in the Kitchen?" The kitchens just one room of a very dysfunctional farm and boy do we have fun!

Chaos in the Kitchen and dysfunction at the barn.
Grab your partner by the hand and swing her by the arm.
We gather eggs with rake and feed hay with a fork
Grab a load of wood and quit standing 'round like a dork

There goes the goat an yonder comes the cow
Better shut the gate and ya better shut it now,
Cause the Rooster caught the hen
and the Pig jumped the pen!

....... I quit...

EIEI O!

Status
Not open for further replies.