1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
  1. Shuster34

Shuster34 New Member

Loc:
    Elk Rapids Michigan
    I live in northern michigan have an upland 207 wood stove. I am remodeling and have no more use for it. Is it worth trying to sell? It is lightly used and in good to excellent condition. It is not an epa stove and am not sure your even allowed to install them in a home as a heat source. Can I sell it? If so what is a fair price? Or is it scrap? Any info would be appreciated.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    It definitely has value. Many 207's have small hairline cracks in the rear plate, so you should inspect carefully for that.

I'd say that it's easily worth $250 and they haul it away.
    Shuster34 likes this.
  3. Shuster34

Shuster34 New Member

Loc:
    Elk Rapids Michigan
    Wonderful! I have cleaned in and given it the once over but I will definitely inspect again for cracks........ Thanks for the help
  4. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Sounds like the 207 needs a rear burn plate like I put in our 602.
  5. pfettig77

pfettig77 New Member

Loc:
    NW Wisconsin
    Begreen, do you have an older 602 - did you make your own burn plate?
  6. begreen

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    I had to fab the rear burn plate. The 602 doesn't have one. I made a cardboard template then had a friend with a plasma cutter cut up some 3/16 steel to match the template.
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  7. pfettig77

pfettig77 New Member

Loc:
    NW Wisconsin
    I'd be scared to drill holes in the back. I need to have new side burn plates made too. Do they have to be the same shape or can I make them bigger to cover more of the side panel? I finally got it installed and had my first burn yesterday. I was really impressed by the amount of heat and the length of burn (5 hours and I went to bed with plenty of wood left in the stove).
  8. begreen

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    The side panels need to meet the baffle snuggly. But if you want to extend a bit sideways it should be ok. Drilling holes in the back was no big deal. Cast iron drills easily. I mounted the back shield with 4 - #10 screws, using a nut a a spacer on the interior before mounting the back plate. It has worked out very well. The back of the stove is significantly cooler.