US stove 6041tp opinions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gottahavvitt

Oct 2, 2009
western ma
I am getting to the end of my rope and am desparate to make choice and have narrowed it down to the US Stove company 6041 TP or 6510 or the Englander model 55-SHP10. This is the last thing I have to decide so I can biuld my addition and have everything I need right here.
Comments???

I don't know much about the US Stove brand. But do to the support factor. I would steer towards the Englander.

Mike Holton(stoveguyesw) works at Englander and is a member here. No other stove manufactor has that. There customer service is very good.

jay

I wouldn`t have to think long about that choice. Not that the US stove isn`t as good but that the Englander comes with an on line service dept and Mike Holten right here on this forum.

I like my 6039 insert ... alot. But its hard to dodge the logic of the englander with factory help here on the forum. I was looking at englander, but couldn't find one last year and the US Stove was cheaper and they said they could have one at my door in three days. Thier factory help has beeen good so far, but this Holton guy is legandary...hard to beat!!!!
I think the 6041 is the same as my 6039 but now has the auto ignite. Good luck with your investment, which ever stove ya chose.

Schoondog

It's certainly good to have support - maybe that is a question you should put to US Stove directly - what happens on breakdowns?

Mike H is a great guy, but heck...maybe next week Harman will pay hm 150K to jump ship at Englander, so I would not rely 100% on him being there in 5 years for you. But the real question is whether the factory support will be there in both cases. As you may know, neither is going to come to your house and fix the stove...nor in most cases even be able to send someone. Therefore, if you are not DIY and fairly mechanical....or have some other idea what you would do if, say, an auger motor went bad...then you might consider buying from a dealer (assuming the dealer provides and is known for service).

BTW, Englander is sold through some good servicing dealers....although not everywhere.

Good point. Either of these stoves will need your mechanical skills at some point, at least in my area. The US Stoves are sold at TSC, and unfortunatly they couldn't even figure out how to sell me one. The box stores and the True Value store have Englander/Summer heat and they don't provide service. There are a few contractors /Chimneysweeps in the area that will install it for ya. But when it won't send the heat into your space your going to have to reach for your phone....and your tools. US Stove has only there phone support so keep your owners manual close by.

Schoondog

I went and looked at the US stove at Tractorsupply and thought that they looked cheap and not as well built as the Englander so I am pretty sure I am going to go with the englander 55-SHP10 (1399.00) or the SHP22(1899.00) at the local Agway store.
Thanks to everyone that offered their opinion
Joe

I double posted ,sorry see my next post.

Gio said:
Webmaster said:
It's certainly good to have support - maybe that is a question you should put to US Stove directly - what happens on breakdowns?

Mike H is a great guy, but heck...maybe next week Harman will pay hm 150K to jump ship at Englander, so I would not rely 100% on him being there in 5 years for you. But the real question is whether the factory support will be there in both cases. As you may know, neither is going to come to your house and fix the stove...nor in most cases even be able to send someone. Therefore, if you are not DIY and fairly mechanical....or have some other idea what you would do if, say, an auger motor went bad...then you might consider buying from a dealer (assuming the dealer provides and is known for service).

BTW, Englander is sold through some good servicing dealers....although not everywhere.

If Mike jumps ship it might be wise to sell your Englander and follow him. (just kidding)
Hey, what`s to say this forum or your present dealer / stove shop will be here in 5 yrs? No guarantee that your stove will be made next year either. We can`t hinge everything we do today on the future . We go with what we feel works best for us at the time and assume there will be some kind of continuity into the next few years. If it doesn`t happen we simply have to make the best of it. After all it`s only a pellet stove .
I bought my 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan knowing Chrysler Corp could be belly up the next year. I was never worried. Parts will be available for years and there`s probably a dozen local mechanics who are as good as the ones at the dealership. Life will continue on , there will be parts for your stove and someone to fix it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.