US Stove Co. 5 out of 5 stars.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Must be something to do with pellet stoves. I have wood stoves from US stove ,Englander and Harman. All are great stoves and never needed any parts or nothing ever broke.

Englander thats laughable. By the tone and seriousness of you comment I thought you where gonna hit me with harman or enviro. Us stove is worlds above englander trust me. Englander like my wife said it best. Your not putting that im poor and I pick fruit stove in our home. Cant argue with the women.

If you don't mind, Im going to steal that one

When I first started researching pellet stoves a couple years ago it seems that everyone has their opinion on which stove is the best and I'm sure they all have their merits. However, one theme always seemed to play out in everyone's advice and that is customer service is a very important aspect of making a decision on which stove to buy.

Fancying myself a capable tinkerer I decided to go with a cost effective stove that would pay back it's investment in a reasonable timeframe and would allow multifuel options. After much reading and research I decided on a USSC 6041 and began the journey into alternative fuel.

Shortly after the install I began having issues with fuses failing on the control board. When I first contacted customer service at USSC I realized several things that were quite refreshing.

1) customer service is based in America
2) they offered prompt service
3) they were knowledgeable of their products
4) the service technicians had the authority to resolve your issues without having to escalate it to managers.

After the first call they immediately sent out a new motor, but the issue persisted. Through several conversations they had sent me a new control board and pressure switch. None of these fixed the issue and it was shortly there after they decided to simply swap the stove out. They shipped me a new one which I just installed and it is working beautifully. They are also coordinating the return of the old stove.

The take home message of this story is this; yes, customer service is truly important when purchasing a pellet stove. Also, after participating on this forum for several years it appears that all stoves have there fair share of problems but not all stove companies are based in the US and offer prompt and courteous service like USSC. I can't say enough about my interactions and would confidently recommend their company to anyone.

I would have looked to the grounding of the electrical system. Either you are not using a grounded circuit or the ground wire on the wire harness was not installed correctly. This used to be an issue with Breckwell stoves. A dealer would not have just thrown parts at you but hopefully trouble shot the issue without the expense and down time. Just saying.

Eric

Reactions: Mr._Graybeard
I just want to say I love my USSC appliance. For the price I paid, I got more than I expected. Since I'm good with my hands, the care needed isn't a bother and servicing the device is a no brainer. Compared to some of the stuff I work on for a living, the insides of this stove are Electronic Systems 101 level.

Reactions: FirepotPete
Very true but the parts are not exactly down the road for purchase. So its a major inconvenience when a part fails on it monthly! If the parts where not dropping like flies here id have nothing but good things to say about this stove.

Nice to see your enjoying your low budget stove, back when i bought my whitfield it was $1800 new, guess that's as low cost as it would get compared to today.

Must be something to do with pellet stoves. I have wood stoves from US stove ,Englander and Harman. All are great stoves and never needed any parts or nothing ever broke.

Probably because there aren't any (or much in the way of) mechanical parts in a woodstove, maybe a simple blower and thats it. A weldment with a door....

Reactions: kinsmanstoves
I would have looked to the grounding of the electrical system. Either you are not using a grounded circuit or the ground wire on the wire harness was not installed correctly. This used to be an issue with Breckwell stoves. A dealer would not have just thrown parts at you but hopefully trouble shot the issue without the expense and down time. Just saying.

Eric
The stove is grounded, and the circuit was properly grounded too. It just looks like the wires were pinched and the insulation was damaged. The service techs were going to send out a new wiring harness, but then they decided to just send a new stove instead.

The stove is grounded, and the circuit was properly grounded too. It just looks like the wires were pinched and the insulation was damaged. The service techs were going to send out a new wiring harness, but then they decided to just send a new stove instead.
That is why I said to look their first. During the install I would have hoped I would have caught the problem prior to us leaving the residence. You can save all the money you want on the purchase of a stove but if it is not running what good is it?

Good Luck on the new unit.
Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.